Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I love Autumn.

My fascination with golden colors extends into the seasons. I love living in California. And I love autumn. Some might think those two loves are a little incompatible. This is partly true. Being in southern California specifically, there are few opportunities to see the leaves turn. Every now and again you will see a burst of gold among the evergreens, and well, brown brush, but it can be few and far between. But, I am pleased to say we do have other reminders of the shift from summer to fall. My favorite is coming outside in the morning to a clear sky and a crisp coolness.

A year ago, I had an opportunity to visit a place that does see the leaves turn. I met one of my best friends for a wonderful break in New Mexico. We stopped and took pictures on a drive from Taos to Santa Fe. This one is a favorite. Happy Fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment